A Script Development Program For Regional Writers: Emerging – Intermediate
Write Sparks offers beginners and intermediate writers the opportunity to tell their stories while learning the skills of writing for performance. Participants will experience and learn how to progress their work from strength to strength through the structured support of award-winning Playwright and Dramaturge Kathryn Ash. The program is run over three residencies throughout 2016 running from Friday afternoons through to Sunday afternoons (15 hours of intensive hands on development per residency). These residencies will not only be an amazing opportunity to work your craft through activities and writing exercises but will also build a great network of peers. The final residency will culminate with an opportunity for writers to invite friends and family along to witness their work on stage in a 10 minute reading by professional actors.
Participants must complete the application form to be considered for this program. A limited number of places are available in this program. Participants must be available for all of the contact hours in the program.
- Friday, 26 Feb (2pm to 7pm)
- Saturday, 27 Feb (10am to 3pm)
- Sunday, 28 Feb (10am to 3pm)
- Social gathering + conversations with JUTE’s Artistic Director + group workshops with Dramaturge.
- Friday, 29 Apr (2pm to 7pm)
- Saturday, 30 Apr (10am to 3pm)
- Sunday, 1 May (10am to 3pm)
- Social gathering + group workshops with Dramaturge.
- Friday, 9 Sep (2pm to 7pm)
- Saturday, 10 Sep (10am to 3pm)
- Sunday, 11 Sep (10am to 3pm)
- Social gathering + one-on-one dramaturgy in groups + 10min play readings by professional actors + certificate + celebration!
Total Program Fee for 2016 Write Sparks Program: $350 incl. GST payable to JUTE Theatre Company if selected for the program.
How To Apply
- Applications for Write Sparks in 2016 are now open.
- Application Deadline: Midnight Sunday 14th February 2016.
- Successful Applicants advised: by Friday 19th February.
- The Program commences on Friday 26th February.
- Read through the guidelines to ensure you meet all the program criteria
- Complete the online application form
- Submit a typed sample of your writing skills, up to 5 pages, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must be a writer living in a regional or geographically isolated area.
- In 2016 there will be one position for a young writer aged 16 – 18 years.
- All other participants must be 18+.
- You will be developing a new work through the program which will require a maximum of 3 actors (although each actor might play many roles).
- You must be available for all of the contact hours for the 3 residencies in Cairns.
- You must meet all deadlines and attend all of the sessions within the program.
- One Off Program Fee: $350 including GST payable to JUTE Theatre Company if selected for the program.
- JUTE will have the first option to produce any work developed through The Write Sparks program.
Please complete this form and we will be in contact shortly to discuss your application. If you can’t see the form below, please click this link.