The JUTE Theatre School offers quality professional theatre training for young people aged 9 – 18+.
“The arts play a major role in defining and interpreting our culture, heritage and society and in celebrating our diversity as a nation. They inspire, entertain, transform, instruct and challenge the way we see, listen and comprehend. The arts expand our understanding, knowledge and creativity. When young people are engaged in the arts something changes in their lives.”
Department of Education & Children’s Services. (2002)
Who can get involved?
Theatre is for everyone! If you are excited about the idea of developing your acting, stage craft and ensemble work then JUTE Theatre School will provide you with the development of your creative capacity and deepen your understanding of acting as a professional practice. You will need a sense of play, imagination, intelligence and a passion for theatre. Prior experience is desirable but not essential. We do expect a disciplined commitment to the training however.
Stage training for voice, movement and approach to the text is carefully crafted for age appropriate readiness and the syllabus takes care to build a skill based holistic performer with a strong foundation in theatre.
Our Mission and core values:
- Team building
2017 Course Outlines:
For a broad overview of what we will cover in the 2017 program click here to view.
Class Groups & Times?
All groups are specifically tailored to accommodate a maximum of 12 students, ensuring:
- More one-on-one student attention.
- Students get to know each other on a more personal level.
- The facilitator can tailor instructions more individually.
- Less disruption leaving more time for instruction.
- 7-9 yr olds – GOBO TRIBE – 3.30pm to 4.30pm (1 hr)
- 10-17yr olds -PARCAN TRIBE – 4.45pm to 6.15pm (1.5hr)
- 18+ yr olds – THE ENSEMBLE – 6.30pm to 8.30pm (2 hr)
Term Dates & Location?
The JUTE Theatre school is held in our new rehearsal space at Shop 41A, The Pier, Pier Point Rd. Cairns. Classes are held every Wednesday (afternoon/evening), over a period of 8 weeks per term. Please see below specific term dates.
- TERM 1, 2017 – 8th Feb to 29 Mar
- TERM 2, 2017 – 3 May to 21 Jun
- TERM 3, 2017 – 26 Jul to 13 Sep
- TERM 4, 2017 – 25 Oct to 6 Dec
What does it cost?
There are two options available when deciding what suits you best! Pay for the whole year (Terms 1-4) and save $80 or pay per term. See costing below. (Please contact the office if you have any enquiries regarding a payment plan)
- ANNUAL FEE – 7yo-9yo – $640 (save $80)
- ANNUAL FEE – 10yo – 17yo – $720 (save $80)
- ANNUAL FEE – 18yo & over – $800 (save $80)
- PER TERM – 7-9yr olds – $180
- PER TERM – 10yo – 17yo – $200
- PER TERM – 18yo & over over – $220
STEP 1: Complete Student Enrolment Form
Select from the buttons below to complete the online 2017 JUTE Theatre School enrolment form.
Select the button below to complete the student enrolment fee. (Please note an enrolment booking fee may apply).
STEP 3: Confirmation of Enrolment
Once you have completed the first two steps a JUTE staff member will be in contact to confirm the enrolment and to advise you further on any other details.
JTS – School Workshops Proposal. Click here to view.
JUTE Theatre Company acknowledges the support of the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland and the Australian Government through the Department of Communication and the Arts’ Catalyst—Australian Arts and Culture Fund.