We’re gearing up for 2016
JUTE Theatre Company is holding auditions Wednesday 16 September for two brand new works, and, as usual, is keen to cast local actors.
“We have such a wealth of skills and passion in the far north, and we’d love to see emerging actors inundate us with requests to audition,” says Suellen Maunder, Artistic Director and CEO of JUTE. To receive audition information and materials you must call JUTE for an appointment on 4050 9444.
The first new work is for a Script Development Program to be held over five days in November with Director Dramaturg David Fenton, one of Australia’s pre-eminent theatre professionals, and currently CEO of Metro Arts in Brisbane. You’ll also be working with the playwright, Madonna Davies, Director of Full Throttle Theatre Company and an actor-director herself.
Actors will be employed and required for 20 hours across the five days, including a Show and Tell and Q & A with an audience on the night of Friday November 20, 2015. The second new work is an untitled psychological thriller to be staged in June 2016 and directed by Rachel Terry. JUTE is looking for a lead female actor, with a playing age of mid to late 20’s.
This is full-time employment, to be produced as part of the 2016 JUTE Season. It is an exciting opportunity to take on a lead role, one Suellen says will give the actor a chance to strut their stuff in a meaty, no-holds-barred role.
Call JUTE on 4050 9444 or email email@example.com, stating for which new work you are interested in auditioning, because as Suellen says: “If you don’t audition, we won’t know about you!
** You now need to read this:
AUDITIONS – SCRIPT DEVELOPMENT BONES
by Madonna Davies Wednesday 16 September 2015, 1pm – 4pm
Audition Panel: Suellen Maunder
- Email your CV and headshot ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org – DO NOT bring it on the day. !
- Auditions will have had experience in working in a creative development environment or have worked on the production of new works.
- Alternatively an extensive performance history is required. !
- Auditions will be held in 10-minute slots from 1pm to 4pm. A JUTE staff member will be in contact to advise your scheduled time. Arrive a minimum 10 minutes prior. If you are unable to attend please be courteous and advise by contacting JUTE on 4050 9444. !
- Auditions will be held at the Centre of Contemporary Arts, 96 Abbott Street. Feel free to use the car park located at the rear of the building. Please wait in the foyer where indicated and someone will come and collect you. !
- Your audition will be a cold read and the script will be supplied at the time of your audition.
- FYI – Auditions may be videoed.
CHARACTERS TO BE CAST
Male – playing age 50’s
Male- playing age 50’s – musician/percussion
Female – playing age 50 – 70’s
Female – playing age mid 40’s
AUDITIONS – PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER RUBICON –
Working title by Tom Gardiner Wednesday 16 September 2015, 4pm – 6pm
Audition Panel: Rachel Terry & Suellen Maunder
- Email your CV and headshot ASAP to email@example.com – DO NOT bring it on the day.
- Auditions will have had experience in working on productions. Alternatively an extensive performance history is required.
- Auditions will be held in 20-minute slots from 4pm to 6pm. A JUTE staff member will be in contact to advise your scheduled time. Arrive a minimum 10 minutes prior. If you are unable to attend please be courteous and advise by contacting JUTE before your scheduled time on 4050 9444.
- Auditions will be held at the Centre of Contemporary Arts, 96 Abbott Street. Make your way via car park at the rear of the venue and wait at the end of the building near the green door marked ‘Auditions’. Please do not knock on the door, someone will come and collect you.
- Read a 2-minute audition piece of your choosing that is to be presented in your natural accent. Please bring a copy for yourself and the panel.
- Plus reading against another actor for The Rubicon script – focusing on first 5 pages – but actors should be familiar with the whole script.
- FYI – Auditions may be videoed.