For Immediate Release: 22/02/16
Press Release –
‘YOU PITCH – WE CATCH’
A fabulous opportunity is knocking on your door. $$$$
What are you sitting on?
I mean IDEAS…….
Here is the second program from the Theatre Factory, called ‘The Pitch, our research and development prize for new work ideas and we are taking applications now!
Debuting in 2016, ‘The Pitch’ is looking for ideas, fresh approaches to making theatre, creative teams or individuals who have great ideas for new work. This incentive is to entice practitioners around the exploration of form, giving you the funds to research and develop your work. JUTE is offering you the opportunity to pitch up to 3 ideas for a new work to a JUTE panel of key industry players. The work can be text based, multi-media performance work, physical theatre, contemporary performance making – whatever you feel is currently not happening, or we need more of on our stages.
JUTE supports non-traditional forms of theatre, multi-authored text and non-writer-led work. We are inviting proposals from artists, collectives and companies with a desire to workshop a new idea, a new partnership or a new form.
Your pitches can be in writing or via Youtube or a combination of both. We will assist you to make these pitches so that you have the best chance of making the best pitch, just contact us to talk it through before you submit. JUTE is committed to diversity in our storytelling so we want to hear from emerging to established artists, CALD artists, Aboriginal artists, Torres Strait Island artists, artists with different abilities, anyone with great ideas!
Here’s how it works:
- You pitch up to 3 ideas for a new work to the JUTE Artistic Panel. (Please contact JUTE Artistic Director if you wish to discuss your ideas first)
- JUTE will invest in one idea from the ideas pitched by an individual or group.
- Up to 2 works from The Pitch applications will receive development in 2016.
(NB: Copyright for all the ideas submitted will remain the property of the artist/group pitching the idea)
- April 30th 2016: Deadline
- May 16th 2016: Successful applicant notified
- August 29th 2016: Update check in with company
- November 2nd 2016: Showcase outcome if appropriate
- November 30th 2016: Acquittal of project due
If you are successful:
- You/your team will receive $2,200 towards the development of the idea.
- You will receive up to 10 hours of critical intervention/support by a dramaturge/director offered by JUTE, valued at $1000. (Peter Matheson, Kathryn Ash, David Fenton, Ian Lawson, Suellen Maunder).
- Free venue when available for creative teams.
- Free Artist Desk at JUTE.
- You will meet with JUTE to discuss the progress of the work half way through the process.
- A reading/showcase of the work will take place on the 2nd November at the JUTE Theatre where individuals/creative teams will have the opportunity to articulate the process for an audience and industry peers.
- JUTE will have the first option to produce any work developed through The Pitch program.
Please complete this form and we will be in contact shortly to discuss your application. If you can’t see the form below, please click this link.