The JUTE Theatre School offers quality professional theatre training for young people aged 9 – 18+.
“The arts play a major role in defining and interpreting our culture, heritage and society and in celebrating our diversity as a nation. They inspire, entertain, transform, instruct and challenge the way we see, listen and comprehend. The arts expand our understanding, knowledge and creativity. When young people are engaged in the arts something changes in their lives.”
Department of Education & Children’s Services. (2002)
Who can get involved?
Theatre is for everyone! If you are excited about the idea of developing your acting, stage craft and ensemble work then JUTE Theatre School will provide you with the development of your creative capacity and deepen your understanding of acting as a professional practice. You will need a sense of play, imagination, intelligence and a passion for theatre. Prior experience is desirable but not essential. We do expect a disciplined commitment to the training however.
Stage training for voice, movement and approach to the text is carefully crafted for age appropriate readiness and the syllabus takes care to build a skill based holistic performer with a strong foundation in theatre.
Our Mission and core values:
- Team building
Class Groups & Times?
All groups are specifically tailored to accommodate a maximum of 12 students, ensuring:
- More one-on-one student attention.
- Students get to know each other on a more personal level.
- The facilitator can tailor instructions more individually.
- Less disruption leaving more time for instruction.
- 9-12 yr olds – GOBO TRIBE – WED 3.45pm to 4.45pm (1 hr) – Term 3 the first four classes will be held from 5.00pm – 6.30pm
- 13-17yr olds -PARCAN TRIBE – WED 5:00pm to 6.30pm (1.5hr)
- 18+ yr olds – THE ENSEMBLE – WED 6.45pm to 8.45pm (2 hr)
Term Dates & Location?
The JUTE Theatre school is held in our new rehearsal space Tank 3 at the Tanks Arts Centre. Classes are held every Wednesday (afternoon/evening), over a period of 8 weeks per term. Please see below specific term dates.
- TERM 1, 2019 – 13 February to 03 April FIRST TIME FREE TRIAL – LESSON 1 (February 13)
- TERM 2, 2019 – 1 May to 19 June FIRST TIME FREE TRIAL – LESSON 1 (May 1)
- TERM 3, 2019– 24 July to 11 September FIRST TIME FREE TRIAL – LESSON 1 (July 24)
- TERM 4, 2019 – 9 October to 27 November FIRST TIME FREE TRIAL – LESSON 1 (Oct 9)
What does it cost?
There are two options available when deciding what suits you best! Pay for the whole year (Terms 1-4) and save $80 or pay per term. See costing below. (Please contact the office if you have any enquiries regarding a payment plan)
- ANNUAL FEE – 9yo-12yo – $640 (save $80)
- ANNUAL FEE – 13yo – 17yo – $720 (save $80)
- ANNUAL FEE – 18yo & over – $800 (save $80)
- PER TERM – 9-12yr olds – $180
- PER TERM – 13yo – 17yo – $200
- PER TERM – 18yo & over over – $220
TERMS AND CONDITIONS :
- Fees are non-refundable.
- Cancellation or non-completion during the enrolled term will still incur the full fee unless otherwise specified.
- A discount to the term fee will not be granted due to failure to attend all the classes within the enrolled term.
- Payment is required upon booking via Trybooking transaction or through bank transfer (See website for payment link)
- Your receipt will be emailed to you from Trybooking once your payment is approved.
- Enrolment is essential to guarantee a place in the workshop. Precedence is given to those who enrol and pay first.
STEP 1: Complete Student Enrolment Form
Select from the buttons below to complete the online 2019 JUTE Theatre School enrolment form.
Select the button below to complete the student enrolment fee. (Please note an enrolment booking fee may apply).
STEP 3: Confirmation of Enrolment
Once you have completed the first two steps a JUTE staff member will be in contact to confirm the enrolment and to advise you further on any other details.
JUTE Theatre Company is supported by the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland, part of the Department of the Premier and Cabinet